The first life of the Smilio A:
Since 2016, Skiply has been helping the facility managers and cleaning companies to manage field operations, whether it is to prove the passage of an agent on site or to automate service requests.
Our clients often ask us to customize the terminals with their own clients’ colors. However, cleaning contracts often have a shorter duration than the lifespan of Smilio devices, and our clients may end up with devices that display the branding of a client they no longer have.
The second life of the Smilio A:
What can be done with these devices?
Often, even after several years of good and loyal service, Smilio A terminals are in perfect working condition: designed with robust conception, they are built to operate continuously for over 10 years.
In a context of raw material scarcity and component rarity, Skiply has therefore come up with the idea of implementing a process of refurbishing to give a second life to its flagship product.
How does it work?
- Skiply takes back the terminals from clients and classifies them according to their mechanical condition. Terminals with no cosmetic defect are kept as they are. Those with appearance defects are disassembled and equipped with a new casing.
- A new faceplate is affixed, and it can be customized with the clients’ colors.
- The firmware is updated to provide clients with the latest available features.
- The board is inspected and tested
- The batteries are replaced
And the Smilio is ready to live its new life with another client!
What are the benefits of buying refurbished?
For clients who purchase a refurbished Smilio A, the benefits are numerous :
- Low purchase cost
- Shortened delivery times
- Lower customization costs and possible for smaller batches
- Warranty identical to that of new terminals
This is an opportunity to connect sites at a lower cost without compromising on quality, while also making an environmentally friendly choice.
To learn more and request a quote, it is here: