This app is under heavy refactoring and is not available for new users at the moment. Please send an email to the support to describe your need, we could have alternative solutions to propose with our official monday.com App.
Monday.com App – Field service requests and proof of presence
This App offers a solution to manage and automate on demand services. It was selected as a winner of the Monday.com Apps Challenge.
It offers 2 features:
- A GPS proof of presence system, in order to validate that the person in charge went effectively on site to carry out the mission.
- An IoT solution, which automatically fills out a service request when a user presses a button of a Skiply device.
Both features can work independently or together.
Table of Contents
Before you start: requirements
If you don’t have a Monday.com account yet, you can use this link to start your 14-days free trial. Pro version is recommended (unlimited guest users & 25 000 automations per month).
Before your start to use this App, you need to:
- Create a free Ubiqod account
- Validate your email and connect to your Ubiqod account
- Ask for the activation of your buttons devices in Ubiqod (if you want to use the service requests automation features)
- Add the App to Monday.com
Sending mission request and supervising with GPS proof of presence
When you need to send a worker on the field to carry out a mission, the App will send him an email containing:
- The purpose of the mission
- The site (location of the mission – with a Google Maps link)
- The deadline to complete the mission (if provided)
- A validation link
When the worker arrives on site, he has to click the link. The App will ask him to validate its arrival/departure:
When clicking the confirmation button on the smartphone, the GPS position is sent, and compared to the GPS position of the target site.
If it matches, the mission is validated. If not, a Monday.com update is sent with the distance between actual worker position and target site position.
Create your sites on the Ubiqod platform
You have to create sites on your Ubiqod account before going further:
The site id will be used in Monday.com to link a site to an item.
Create your board in Monday.com
You can create your board from scratch with the following recommended columns:
- A name (you don’t need to create this one, it is already included by Monday.com) This is the text of the mission that will be sent to the worker.
- A site id (numeric column). This site id is available in the Ubiqod platform. The GPS coordinates of the site will be used to determine if the worker went actually on site to complete the mission.
- A deadline (optional, date column). If provided, will be sent to the worker in the email.
- A person in charge (person column). It can be a regular Monday.com user, or a guest user.
- A completion date (date column). It will be automatically filled by the recipe).
- A start date (optional, date column). It will be automatically filled by the recipe).
- A status (optional, status column). This column will be useful to create advanced automations or follow visually the states of the missions.
- A site label (optional, text column). Can be filled automatically by a recipe).
or use the included Skiply templates in Monday.com – “Skiply – On Demand Services Templates” – to start:
Add the recipe
Add an integration from the Integration Center. Search for “Skiply” and select “Skiply – GPS Tracking for Items”:
Choose the recipe adapted to your needs. You have different possibilities, based on 2 criteria:
The email can be sent to the person in charge:
- When a status changes, i.e. manually
- By using the Monday.com scheduler, i.e. every morning at 7am for the missions of the day
- When you affect people to the mission (recommended when used in combination with automated service requests)
Dates of arrival / departure
- Wether only the completion date is fullfilled (for instance for a delivery service or to pick up a parcel),
- Or arrival date and departure date are recorded (for instance for cleaning services).
Site Label conversion recipe (optional)
The site label conversion recipe converts the Ubiqod site id into site label from Ubiqod platform each time the site id is updated in an item.
Creating automatic service requests with Skiply connected buttons in a board
When a button device is linked to a board with the App, each time a user presses a button, a service request is added to the board.
To know more about wireless Skiply buttons, visit our product page.
Configure your device
Before configuring Monday.com, you must ensure that your devices are set up correctly in your Ubiqod platform.
If you don’t see your devices in you Ubiqod account, please contact Skiply support (email@example.com).
Add Monday.com recipe to the board
Add an integration from the Integration Center. Search for “Skiply” and select “Skiply – Automated service requests” and add the recipe:
The recipe contains 2 fields:
- Group is a text field that must match the group name containing the devices you want to “listen” into your board. In other words, every device belonging to this group will create service requests in the board when buttons are pressed.
- Item defines the mapping between board columns and available fields from Ubiqod platform.
Available fields for mapping
The following fields are available for mapping:
- Request – button label: the label of the button pressed, request a text column (or can be the name of the item)
- Device label: the label of the device, request a text column (or can be the name of the item)
- Site id: the Ubiqod site id, request a numeric column in Monday.com
- Site Label: the Ubiqod site label, request a text column in Monday.com
- Request Date: date of the request, request a date column in Monday.com
- Due Date (not implemented yet, same as request Date)
Combining automated service requests and GPS proof of presence
You can achieve maximum benefits by combining the two features. The devices will create the request with all the necessary fields. All you need is assign a person (use this trigger in your recipe), and you are done.
Using Monday.com automations to enhance your system
The integrated automation in Monday.com can help you to build a very powerful on demand services management system:
- Deadlines can be set based on the request date. If you have a SLA of 48h on your customer contract, you can apply. Each board can have a different SLA.
- Alerts can be set when a mission is not completed on time.
- Status can help to supervise visually the current states of the missions.
Example: when the arrival date is set, and the completion date is unset, use the status “On going” with the Orange color. When the completion date is set, use the status “Done” in green.
- Persons can be assigned automatically, based on the planning of people.
Contact us if you need to know more or if you want to have a demo.